This is our thematic investment strategy centred around utilising igloo’s development and placemaking expertise to deliver thriving communities that generate returns over the long term. This strategy is built on the igloo Regeneration Fund established in 2001 by Aviva and igloo Regeneration Ltd, and acquired by Thriving Investments, formerly PfP Capital, in 2018. The strategy is targeting:
- A mixed-tenure UK regeneration investment with a target size of £600m
- Delivery of an initial 1,400 homes plus commercial developments with a blend of homes for sale and for rent.
- Delivery through using igloo’s ESG Footprint approach that enables investors to capture uplifts from placemaking activity with measurable social benefits.
Flagship developments include:
- Ouseburn Valley in Newcastle, a residential-led development which, when completed, will offer 300-350 homes and 18,000-20,000 sq ft of commercial workspace in a riverside location close to the city centre.
- Stephenson Quarter in Newcastle, which will see the regeneration of 4.3 acres of brownfield land behind Central Station into a mixed-used residential scheme complete with office and leisure space and a public realm and creating an estimated 2,000 jobs for the people of Newcastle.
- Trent Basin in Nottingham, a riverside neighbourhood or low energy homes and apartments designed by award-winning architects, located on the banks of the River Trent
Funding for the development of the homes is provided by a number of vehicles, including:
The Housing Growth Partnership JV with igloo
- Launched in April 2023 between PfP igloo and Housing Growth Partnership (“HGP”), an equity investor with a social impact remit backed by Lloyds Banking Group to fund the development of homes under the Neighbourhoods Unlimited strategy.
- Focused on delivering residential-led, urban communities across the UK.
- Targeting the construction of up to 1,200 highly sustainable homes, with a Gross Development Value of approximately £390 million.
- High sustainable standards across the design, construction and operational stages, with materials sourced from local areas.
- First 400-home scheme underway in Dundashill, Glasgow, with a further nine sites currently in the pipeline across regional cities including Nottingham and Newcastle.
The Jigsaw Consortium, trading as Partnerships & Place
- Launched in January 2023, the consortium is made up of Genr8 Kajima Regeneration Limited (Kajima and Genr8 Developments) and igloo.
- Appointed by Winchester City Council to bring forward its exciting Central Winchester Regeneration (CWR) project in the city centre.
- The project leverages an internationally recognised Footprint® process to ensure positive social, environmental, and economic outcomes for the wider Winchester community and deliver an innovative, sustainable, long-term placemaking solution for this once-in-a-generation opportunity quarter in the historic city centre of Winchester.
- The mixed-use development will comprise a mix of flexible work and creative space, F&B offerings, a hotel and public realm, alongside mixed-tenure homes including private sale, homes for rent and affordable-tenure housing.